The warehouse manager oversees the smooth running of the warehouse, manages the warehouse staff, schedules shifts, ensures that staff are properly trained, and handles warehouse procedures. Running a warehouse is complicated and requires an organized and meticulous person to oversee operations. The warehouse manager oversees all activities that take place in the warehouse, including expediting receiving and shipping functions. Supply Chain and Procurement Recruiting refer to hiring the right individuals in the logistics industry for the various positions that need to be filled in this facility.
The smooth running of the operation is the key to the success of the facility. A well-trained warehouse manager looks at all the activities in that facility and actively employs lean procedures by eliminating unnecessary steps to ensure that the inventory is received and stored in the right manner in the warehouse facility. In addition, the warehouse manager ensures that each employee knows their role and performs it optimally so that the facility runs like a well-oiled machine.
Skills of a warehouse manager
When hiring for this position, the requester must focus on the key skills that the Warehouse Manager must possess to perform this role well. These skills include:
- Strong decision-making skills.
- The ability to create sound systems
- quality management.
- Knowledge of the latest technologies
- Patience and the ability to keep calm.
- The ability to lead employees
- The ability to ensure safety.
The job description for this position includes:
- Processing orders
- Operating mechanical systems and having sound knowledge of IT
- Liaising with transport companies, suppliers, and customers on a daily basis
- Meeting targets and deadlines
- Managing budgets of the facility
- Liaising with transport companies, suppliers, and customers
- Training, supervising, and appraising staff in order to optimize performance
- Keeping statistical and financial records to demonstrate the progress of the operations
- Preparing staff rosters
- Managing stock levels
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
Recruitment plays a key role in finding the right individual for the job. Placing a candidate that does not possess the right skills may result in high labor turnover, loss of revenue, loss of clients, a damaged reputation, and employee relations issues that are not solved.
Experienced recruiters are able to find the perfect candidate with the right skills to get the job done, increase profits, and train and optimally engage employees to ensure the success of the facility. Statistics show that there is a growing demand for warehouse managers.